Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Freshly Squeezed Lemonade


Last weekend I made some Lemonade with my Mom. She makes great lemonade and this time she found lemons that were HUGE so we only needed about 5 lemons to make almost 2 gallons of lemonade!

While you can use an expensive contraption, my Mom gets all of the juice and pulp out of the lemons using this orange tool that takes up a lot less space.


I rolled the lemons between the palm of my hand and the counter to help them juice. Then, I cut them in half and placed it on the orange juicer in the picture above. Then, you work the lemons around the juicer to get all of the juice and pulp out of the lemon. See that the lemon looks hallow and all of the juice in the bowl?

Once all of the lemons were juiced we added 1 c. of lemon juice and water to fill the container. Then, we added sugar to taste. Start with 1 c. sugar in 2 gallons of liquid and add more as necessary until you reach the desired consistency.

The lemonade is great on its own, but my Dad also makes the best Margaritas out of it! You can look for that recipe in a different post. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm working on a recipe for a healthier version of the McDonalds Strawberry Lemonade. I may have to use some of your recipe as a starting point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, I think using this as a base will make a great strawberry lemonade. I bet you could muddle some strawberries and add it to this recipe and you would have a delicious drink!

    ReplyDelete