Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Monster Cookies


I think my mom has had this recipe since before I could walk as I do not remember a time before Monster Cookies. My Mom shared this recipe with my aunt, so I usually get them at family gatherings one way or another. They are soft, filled with deliciousness, and do not disappoint.

I normally encourage people to mix up any recipe, but I believe that adding crunchy peanut butter makes the cookies a bit crisper so if you prefer a soft cookie I highly recommend creamy peanut butter.
Traditional Monster Cookies are large in size. Being one to buck tradition I like to make them smaller, usually mine are about 2 inches in diameter. Plus, that way I can eat more than one J
Tip: I make the cookies into a ball and place them close to one another on a sheet pan. I place the cookies in the freezer and freeze them until they are firm. Once frozen (I usually leave them in the freezer overnight) I place them in a freezer-safe container and then bake a few when I need and/or want them. This way I always have fresh cookies when I/we want. (Oh, and I can eat a frozen cookie ball when I want J)
Oh – and the cookies will continue to cook once you take them out of the oven as the pan is still hot so I try to take them out around 10 minutes and let them sit for 2-3 minutes.
Monster Cookies
1 c. sugar                                                                            
2 c. brown sugar
3 eggs                                                                                  
½ c. butter
1 ½ c. peanut butter                                                      
½ t. vanilla
1 c. flour                                                                              
2 t. soda
2 c. oatmeal                                                                       
7 ½ oz. plain M & M’s
Mix in order given.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment