Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Fruit Dip

Fruit Dip
I need to expand my appetizer database and found the perfect fruit dip to add to my appetizer list. The great thing about this recipe is that it is easy, fast, and delicious!
The recipe is adapted from Sweet Flours, a blog that I follow. I modified the recipe a bit to make it dairy free and in doing so I turned a cheese ball into a fruit dip. It tastes good, is easier than a cheese ball, and presents beautifully. In addition, it is low in fat and sugar.
I used Tofutini Better Than Cream Cheese. Here is what it looks like: 
Lemon Fruit Dip
8 ounces Tofutini Cream Cheese
Zest of 1 large lemon
Juice of ½ lemon
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until mixed throughout.
Pour into a serving bowl and serve with the fruit of your choosing.

   I choose strawberries and grapes this time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for following my blog. I love that you turned the ball into a fruit dip. I think my kids would actually like it better that way as it would be more "frosting" like. I am going to give it a try. I will be stopping back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, I'm so glad that you liked my fruit dip rendition. You'll have to let me know how your kids like it!

    ReplyDelete